Looking Towards the Future
- She is a former Miss South Africa 1994 and a first-runner up in the Miss World Pageant.
- She is the former President of the Business Women’s Association of South Africa.
- She is the Spokesperson for Pampers UNICEF Tetanus campaign.
- Brand Ambassador for numerous South African Corporates and blue chip companies.
- Listed as one of the Top Personal Brands, Sunday Times Top Brands Survey (2008).
- In 2011 she was honoured as a Young Global Leader: World Economic Forum
- A Philanthropist, together with her husband they have established the Romeo and Basetsana Kumalo Family Foundation
Sits on various boards, namely:
- Lovelife: South Africa’s largest national HIV prevention organisation for young people: Director and Vice Chairman of the organisation
- The Nelson Mandela Institute for Education and Rural Development: Director
- Unipalm Holdings: Director.
- Recently appointed as a Board Member of JAM
Bachelor of Arts – Majoring in Politics: UNISA
Diploma in Executive Education on Global Leadership: Harvard University
Diploma in Marketing: Damelin.
Studying towards Honors Degree in International Relations
Director Of Uzazile Investments.
Director Of Travel With Flair
Co-Founder of Connect TV
Chairperson Of Tswelopele Productions
Non-Executive Director of Tawana Resources
- After completing her articles with Sizwe Ntsaluba vsp she joined KPMG Corporate Finance where she gained extensive experience in valuations and mergers and acquisitions.
- During her time at KPMG she worked with a lot of corporates for valuations and other corporate finance activities including TsogoSun Holdings, Purple Capital, Aveng Limited and Elster Kent Metering.
- She left KPMG in 2009 to pursue her interest in mergers and acquisitions and she joined Nozala Investment as an Investment Associate. Over the period at Nozala – Babalwa has been involved in the execution of a number of acquisition transactions across a broad range of industries; these include packaging, healthcare, office automation, aviation and services, including Lanseria International Airport, Nozala HealthPartners and Amasondo Fleet Services transaction. From these transactions, she has developed an analytical thinking approach in terms of identifying risk, ways to mitigate that risk, and has gained extensive knowledge about different industries (from mining to retail) which has assisted in contributing significantly to Nozala’s investment team in evaluating investments.
Bcomm Accountancy (Honours), University Of Natal
Qualified Chartered Accountant, Articles Completed With Sizwe Ntsaluba
Board Member Of Amasondo Fleet Services Ltd
Legal Governance Committee Of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
CEO Of PHAB Holdings Pty Ltd
Basetsana Woman Investment Holdings Pty Ltd
We are a proudly South African black Female owned and managed company